Haitian saw record sales growth in 2020

March 29, 2021
Demand for medical and packaging products helped spur nearly $1.8 billion in sales.
Haitian International Holdings Ltd. announced that despite the challenges posed by COVID-19, sales of its injection molding machines reached nearly $1.8 billion in 2020, a year-on-year sales increase of 20.3 percent and a record for the company.

Demand for medical and packaging products sparked early sales in the year, which saw more than 43,000 machines sold. Its Mars series accounted for more than 37,000 of those machines for about $1.25 billion in sales — a 28.6 percent year-on-year increase. Meanwhile, its Zhafir series saw a 6.8 percent increase in sales to about $219 million, and its Jupiter series saw a 3.2 percent increase in sales to about $199 million.

Haitian reported that in North America, sales of its Haitian product lines (Mars and Jupiter Series) servo-hydraulic presses accounted for about 60 percent of total sales, while its Zhafir electric machines (Venus, Zeres and Jenius Series) made up the other 40 percent.

The Ningbo, China-based manufacturer of injection molding machines said its overall export sales grew 2.1 percent, to about $536 million.