Pretium Packaging has joined the U.S. Plastics Pact, an initiative with the goal of creating a circular economy for plastics in the U.S. by 2025.
The four driving goals of the pact are:
- Define a list of packaging to be designated as problematic or unnecessary by 2021 and take measures to eliminate them by 2025.
- By 2025, all plastic packaging is 100 percent reusable, recyclable, or compostable.
- By 2025, undertake ambitious actions to effectively recycle or compost 50 percent of plastic packaging.
- By 2025, the average recycled content or responsibly sourced bio-based content in plastic packaging will be 30 percent.
- In a statement, Pretium Packaging CEO Paul Kayser said, “We are delighted to join the U.S. Plastics Pact as their stated goals perfectly align with Pretium’s strategy to fight the global problems of plastic waste through the elimination of both single-use packaging and non-recyclable plastic materials from our portfolio.”
Headquartered in Chesterton, Mo., Pretium Packaging manufactures plastic containers and closures for a variety of industries.